You could be one of the several marketing teams in your organization. As a marketing professional in a large organization, you have probably encountered these challenges –
- Less likely to try new ideas due to demanding organiozatinal hierarchies
- Organizartional restructuring or management changes can drive the current marketing programs off course to meet the demands of a new boss
- Management of several agencies or content vendors and getting them to align to your goals
- Conflicting department objectives and priorities
- Siloed communication between marketing departments
- Marketing department staffing issues without clear job responsibilities
- Securing marketing budgets
- Frequent strategy adjustments and edelayed decisions
These are only a few of the many challenges faced by enterprise marketers.
The good news is that in spite of all these challenges, the enterprise marketer has the ability to make the marketing function a success, at an individual and a team level. If you have a clear marketing goal, you can make it successful through good planning, scalability, communication, creativity and sales alignment.